Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/htdocs/w015c32f/hermanus.info/wp-content/themes/3clicks-child-theme/g1_entry_accommodation.php on line 70
Send requestGo to the request form
About »74 On Marine«
2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 3 toilets, pool, terrace, garden, great sea view
The luxurious, spacious garden-apartment (177 m2) is flooded with light and offers a stunning sea-view. The 25m2 terrace leads directly into the garden and to the pool. If you are lucky, you can even watch whales from the master-bedroom during the season or just let the look wander through the garden over Walker Bay! The equipment leaves little to be desired: Miele appliances, Nespresso coffee machine, Harman-Kardon sound system (for CD iPod/iPhone), travertine or white-washed wooden floorings (bedrooms), paintings from young South African artist Lionel Smit…. Everything one might expect is here. Complex and lovingly furnished with an eye for detail, modern with African elements. The kitchen offers all utensils for cooking enthusiasts and has direct access to a small patio with gas braai. A/C, underfloor heating, free WiFi-access. Additional garden furniture: 4 chairs, 1 table.
The apartment is located just on the coast, above the Old Harbour. From the gate you can start splendid walks on the famous ‘Cliff Path’, marvel at whales in season and watch the cute Rock-Dassies the whole year round playing. The ‘Market Square‘ of relaxed Hermanus with Supermarkets, fine boutiques, stalls with arts & crafts and a big variety of restaurants in all price ranges is just a few steps away. Your ‘home away from home’ is very quiet, in a peaceful atmosphere and safe environment. From Monday to Friday, complex maintenance for the 9 apartments is present. In the undercover parking you’ll find the parking bay for your car. The apartment is serviced by the neighboring Hotel – you are welcome to use their pool, terrace, garden-bar and SPA as well. The staff will gladly assist you 24/7. Many unspoiled beaches in and around Hermanus (Blue Flag ‘Grotto Beach’ i.a.)
Price discount for 2 person booking, special conditions for long-term rentals.
- 177 m2
- 25 m2 balcony with a table and 4 chairs
- Small patio with gas braai
- Bedrooms furnished with double bed (2 x 2 m) and two singles 1 x 2 m (which can be joined to make a double bed) form areas of privacy, each including an en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, toilet, double washbasin, heated towel rail, magnifying mirror and hair-dryer.
- Separate guest toilet.
- Fully furnished kitchen including Miele washing machine/hot air dryer, Miele dishwasher, microwave, filtered drinking water
- Stereo player with iPod docking station and CD player, Blue ray/DVD Player, SAT television with 31 programmes
- Safe – large enough for 2 laptops
- Beach towels
- Own parking space in the basement garage; guest parking space on the property grounds
- Air conditioning warm & cold; under floor heating
- Joint use of pool, garden, sun deck, deckchairs; a table with 4 additional garden chairs is available for the exclusive use of this apartment.
- Cleaned twice weekly, including linen change. Final cleaning included. Daily servicing for a small additional fee.
- On-site management from the nearby hotel. The 24-hour reception service and the entire hotel infrastructure are at your disposal (pool, terrace, garden-bar, SPA, breakfast not included).
- Reduced rates for 2 occupants or long-term tenancy (4 or 2 occupants).
Observing whales: Every year, between August and November, there is a great reunion in the sea by the village of Hermanus: hundreds of humpback whales from the Antarctic make their way towards Walker Bay, where they mate and give birth to their calves. The huge mother whales often allow themselves to drift with their calves within metres of the shore – almost close enough to touch, it would seem. Further out, the young whales dive and jump. Encountering these enormous and peaceful animals makes a lasting impression on every visitor. The UNESCO has confirmed Walker Bay as being one of the best whale observatory points in the world. Hermanus is proud of its sea dwellers, and celebrates an annual ‘Hermanus Whale Festival’ every September.
What is there to see in and around Hermanus? Hermanus is encompassed by the Atlantic ocean on one side, and unspoiled hill country on the other. Fernkloof Nature Reserve boasts various trails for walkers and hikers, which in turn offer breath-taking views of the coast and sea. The unique fynbos vegetation, including protea and numerous other indigenous plants, is a true feast for the eyes. Directly in front of ‘74 On Marine’, the “Cliff Path” coastal trail (grade: easy) meanders along the coast, passing picturesque bays and leading up to the seemingly endless sand dunes of Voëlklip (Blue Flag prize winner) at one end; at the other end, the trail leads into New Harbour. Hermanus boasts a comprehensive infrastructure with a wide variety of shops and restaurants to fit all purses.